The Little Miss Knasty Pageant
The K may be silent but our contestants are not!
Showdate: January 20, 2018
Venue: The Arts Asylum (link)
City: Kansas City, Missouri
Open to: All Local and National Performers
Submissions close: October 1st, 2017
Guidelines for Submisison
Thank you for your interest in applying for The Little Miss Knasty Pageant 2018. The Little Miss Knasty Pageant is a celebration of strong, independent Women (and drag performers) who want to crush the patriarchy and speak their minds while also having it all. Departing from last year’s dedication to Toddlers in Tiaras, TLMKnP is open to the young at heart, as long as you’re over 18.
The Winner will receive the title of Little Miss Knasty 2018, a cash prize of $250, a stuffed animal, and a featured performing slot in the 2019 Little Miss Knasty Pageant.
All other contestants in The Little Miss Knasty Pageant will receive $40 + $.25 per ticket, plus other perks outlined below, for their single talent performance. Please read through the entire set of guidelines before you begin the application.
We will choose 8 of the strongest contestants from the pool of applicants to compete in this pageant. The contestants with the fewest votes will be shot. The night of the pageant will be split up into three acts:
Runway/Best Fashion – Over the top is the name of the game. If you’re not sickening, we’re not gagging.
Q&A: Our Emcee will ask you a few leading and unfair questions so the audience can see you squirm.
Talent – You’ve got 4-7 minutes to impress us. This is your chance! Be it burlesque, drag, ukulele, speaking whale, disappointing your parents, you’d better bring your A-game.
The Crowning Ceremony – There can only be one winner. Backstabbing is encouraged.
The Little Miss Knasty Pageant is open to performers of all gender identities and expressions. KC Perform strives to be inclusive and intersectional.
If you are unable to fill out the Application below due to technical difficulties, please click here to fill out the identical google form HERE.
In the past, The Little Miss Knasty Pageant has chosen candidates for president, has resisted the march onward towards entropy, and has created real unicorns from mere imagination. We are Women. We are Knasty, and We are Sassy.
Your Talent/Performance should be your best work that represents who you are as a performer. It may be Burlesque, Drag, Sideshow, Music oriented, cooking related, etc. Your talent needs to blow the audience’s butts off, render them hopelessly in tears, guilt them like your mother in law, or all of the above. If you’re not entirely sure about your subject matter/talent, you may e-mail us your questions at email@example.com.
You are not limited in what type or kind of performance you may submit. We accept Burlesque submissions, Magicians, Drag Queens/Kings, Aerial, Lyra, Poetry/Spoken Word, Music Performance, Shibari, Contortionists, Sideshow acts, Singing, Clown acts, Yo-yoing, comedy, or any combination of these, and anything else we haven’t thought to include.
Fire acts are acceptable, as long as you are insured and safety conscious.
One Performance: 3-8 minutes long, not including setup/breakdown. Do your mama proud.
Each performer will be paid a minimum of $40 plus $0.25 per ticket sold before the first Intermission. Total seating available in the Arts Asylum is well over 200 seats. The checks will be cut at the end of the show.
The winner will instead receive $250 cash prize, a swag bag, a featured opening performer slot in the 2019 Little Miss Knasty Pageant, and all perks outlined below.
All contestants will receive:
1. Graphic Design consultation to create merchandise for sale during the show (at no cost to you).
2. Over 50% of merch sales for anything we create for you, at your direction. (You get 100% of sales of merch you bring to sell at the show)
3. The opportunity to purchase any unsold merchandise from us at cost after the show.
4. Your act filmed with multiple cameras in HD.
5. A plus one who may attend the show for free.
* Merchandise may but is not guaranteed to include framed photo prints, vinyl stickers, posters, coloring books/pages, illustrations for use on t-shirts, apparel, mugs, etc.
You will have access to merch tables to sell any merchandise you bring. We strongly encourage you to be available to hawk your merchandise whenever possible, but we will have volunteers available to help sell your merchandise.
We will reach out to you to allow us to create some special merchandise on our dime, and split the profits with you, including stickers, promotional items, prints, etc.
We cannot arrange out of town transportation to Kansas City, MO, but we can arrange transportation from your housing to the venue, as well as to and from the airport, if required.
If you require housing, we will happily arrange comfortable housing for you free of charge. If you are making your own arrangements, please let us know this information well ahead of time.
The showdate is January 20, 2018.
- You must be available for Tech Rehearsal between 11:00am and 3:00pm. You may schedule your tech ahead of time, and if this constraint is impossible, we will work with you on a case by case basis.
- After Tech, you’re free to do whatever you want until Check-in. If you have Merch, now’s the time to set it up.
- Check-in is at 7:00pm in the dressing room and set up your spot if you haven’t already.
- Between 7:30-8:00~ we will be conducting a VIP meet and greet where people who purchase VIP tickets will be able to peruse vendor tables and take photos with the cast. You must be present for this. You do not need to be in full makeup or a fancy outfit, unless you want to. This is a great way to get people on your mailing list, sell your merch in person, and let your new fans get to know you.
- After the Meet & Greet, you will have about an hour to get yourself ready backstage before the show begins. If you are not in the first act, you’ll have a bit more time to mingle if you prefer.
- Show Begins: 9:00pm
- Show Ends: 11:30/12:00
- January 21, 2018 ~10:00AM~ We usually arrange a cast brunch after our shows, not required, but we’d love to have you join us!
Your Application will not be considered until you submit your $10 application fee below via Paypal.
Once your Application, Fee, and Photos have been accepted for review, we will send you a confirmation email within 48 hours. Any inquiries about submission status may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions will close on October 1, 2017, and we will contact the selected contestants on or before October 10, 2017 and offer them a contract. Contestants will have until October 15, 2017 to accept and sign contracts (or decline participation) or we will give their spot to another applicant.
Please fill out the Application Below:
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION APP
If you can’t use the above application Typeform, here’s a link to our google form, which will count the same:
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
Once you’ve submitted the application above, you’ll need to submit your $10 application fee. Please use the secure Paypal button below. Once you’ve submitted both your application and the fee, please send 1-3 high res photos for marketing purposes to email@example.com. If you do not have any high resolution photos, please send an e-mail and let us know the circumstances.
If you do not have a Paypal account – You are not required to have a Paypal account to send the application fee. Once you click on the button, you have the option to check out using a debit or credit card without creating or logging into an account. Below is a screenshot of what you will see with the correct option circled. (Screenshot is from the Dark Arts Ball Applications)