Showdate: March 24, 2018
Venue: Davey’s Uptown Rambler’s Club
City: Kansas City, Missouri
Open to: All Local and National Performers
Submissions close: December 1st, 2017
Guidelines for Submisison
Thank you for your interest in applying for FET!SH, a celebration of the kinks that make life incredibly interesting. FET!SH will be produced by KC Perform, which is a collaboration between Odd Fox, Inc. and Cher D. Blame.
We have 9-10 performance slots available. Some performers will be asked to perform 2 numbers, and some will be asked to perform one. Please read through the entire set of guidelines before you begin the application.
KC Perform will not request an application fee to apply for FET!SH.
Whether you’re tied down, attracted to sunlight, are addicted to power, or like to drip hot wax onto yourself for fun, we want to celebrate a diverse range of human experiences at FET!SH.
We prefer your submission(s) to represent a fetish, but it does not need to be a common fetish. It can be humorous, sexy, or even contemplative, we don’t mind! If you’re not entirely sure about your subject matter, you may e-mail us your questions at email@example.com.
You are not limited in what type or kind of performance you may submit. We accept Burlesque submissions, Magicians, Drag Queens/Kings, Aerial, Lyra, Poetry/Spoken Word, Music Performance, Shibari, Contortionists, Sideshow acts, Singing, Clown acts, any combination of these, and anything else we haven’t thought to include.
We have slightly changed the method in which we are compensating our performers. There are 9-10 “slots” open for performances of 3-8 minutes, and while you are encouraged to submit up to two acts, we might ask you to only perform one of those acts. We choose performers based on a variety of factors, with our goal being to create a cohesive, interesting, and engaging show for our audience. In the application, you will be given a chance to let us know if accepting only one act will be a dealbreaker, and we entirely understand why that may be the case.
Each performer will be paid a minimum of $30 per act plus $0.50 per ticket sold or will be paid the guarantees outlined below.
- 1 act = $40 or $30+.50 per ticket sold, whichever amount is greater.
- 2 acts = $75 or $60 +.50 per ticket sold, whichever amount is greater.
Total seating available in the Arts Asylum is well over 200 seats. The checks will be cut during the second intermission and distributed at the end of the show.
You will have access to merch tables to sell any merchandise you bring. We will have one or two volunteers to sell our merchandise, and can add your items to the table if space permits.
We will reach out to you to allow us to create some special merchandise on our dime, and split the profits with you, including stickers, promotional items, prints, etc.
We cannot arrange out of town transportation to Kansas City, MO, but we can arrange transportation from your housing to the venue, as well as to and from the airport, if required.
If you require housing, we will happily arrange comfortable housing for you free of charge. If you are making your own arrangements, please let us know this information well ahead of time.
The showdate is March 24, 2018.
- You must be available for Tech Rehearsal between 11:00am and 2:00pm. You may schedule your tech ahead of time, and if this constraint is impossible, we will work with you on a case by case basis.
- After Tech, you’re free to do whatever you want until Check-in. If you have Merch, now’s the time to set it up.
- Check-in is at 7:00pm in the dressing room and set up your spot if you haven’t already. Please be early.
- Between 7:30-8:00~ we will be conducting a VIP meet and greet where people who purchase VIP tickets will be able to peruse vendor tables and take photos with the cast. You must be present for this. You do not need to be in full makeup or a fancy outfit, unless you want to. This is a great way to get people on your mailing list, sell your merch in person, and let your new fans get to know you.
- After the Meet & Greet, you will have about an hour to get yourself ready backstage before the show begins. If you are not in the first act, you’ll have a bit more time to mingle if you prefer.
- Show Begins: 9:00pm
- Show Ends: 11:30/12:00
- March 25, 2018 ~10:00AM~ We usually arrange a cast brunch after our shows, not required, but we’d love to have you join us!
KC Perform no longer requires an application fee for a basic application.
Once your Application has been accepted for review, we will send you a confirmation email within 48 hours. Any inquiries about submission status may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions close on December 1, 2017, and we will contact the selected performers on or before December 15, 2017 and offer them a contract. Performers will have until January 1, 2018 to accept and sign contracts (or decline participation) or we will give their spot to another performer.
All applications will be retained and referenced for future shows, and you may be invited to headline/perform in a future show.